LAMP Systems Administrator (1001 - LAMP Admin) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD75000 - USD85000 per year|
A privately held digital marketing and technology company in North Austin is seeking a Systems Administrator in a LAMP environment that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Work/life balance, extreme growth, small company feel with the financial backing of a large company with great benefits!
We are seeking a LAMP Systems Administrator capable of leading a small team in a fast growing, dynamic organization located in North Austin. The ideal candidate has 6+ years' managing production servers providing online 24/7 web solutions and has mentored other Sys Admins. Experience in designing, building, and maintaining enterprise level hardware to provide critical services and experience in Red Hat Linux or CentOS. Ability to secure a server, work remotely on servers and monitor system performance and network activity is needed.
• Install and configure Web and Application Servers on Linux and Windows
• Install and configure Databases (MySQL) on Linux and Windows.
• Document step by step installation procedures for version / platform combinations.
• Perform basic System, Application Server, and Database Administration / tuning duties.
• Troubleshoot problems with application server, database, and operating system setup.
• Minimize machine setup time and reduce downtime.
• Develop and implement backup and emergency restoration policies.
• Develop automation scripts for configuration, backup, and restoration.
• Configure custom automation tools and utilities on multiple platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years’ relative experience
• Experience with Linux Servers and CentOS
• Knowledgeable of Linux System Administration
• Expert skills with TCP/IP, routers, switches, firewalls, packet sniffers, network topology
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to re-configure test software / hardware from scratch
• Ability to accurately estimate software / hardware configuration time