Program Technical Writer (1001- Prog Tech Writ) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD30 - USD35 per hour|
Leading global provider of a low-cost, white-labeled, turnkey cloud-based multi-channel financial services platform. We are a full-service hub to an integrated ecosystem, which delivers, via the mobile phone, payment, targeted marketing, and real-time transaction-based customer analytics. We serve all customers - banked, under-banked & unbanked. We are well-funded and growing quickly!
This is a contract opportunity (with a chance that it could convert to permanent) for a Program Technical Writer. The Program Technical Writer develops documentation that captures the scope of a program that will be leveraged by local geographical teams to devise their own training and also serve as a sign off set of documents for each phase of the deliverables.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with Engineering, Product, Solutions and Operations teams to develop functional, technical and process scope documentation that meets a best practice for navigation, completeness, accuracy and ease of use
- Manage assigned documentation development and implementation projects to meet both release and customer deadlines
- Create a style guide and content guidelines to be used as a template for distributed teams to capture their own scoping documents
Responsibilities and Duties
- Confer with Engineering, Product, Solutions and Operations team to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Interfaces with users, specialists, analysts, and application developers to obtain background information on IT technologies, methods, and standards. Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Create and/or select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to develop documentation capturing the essence of the services allowing any new team member to comprehend the program end-to-end.
- Interview personnel and read documentation to become familiar with product technologies, production methods and operational processes.
- Good at writing text-based documentation and tutorials for developer consumption (writing samples requested)
- Good understanding and experience with Core Java and Enterprise Java basics and REST frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Ability to work closely with developers, architects and technical leaders across the organization to understand their direction & vision and needs and translate to user friendly documentation
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions or seek out information.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience writing/editing instructional materials or related experience
- Experience with Agile an advantage
- Experience with Atlassian Products (i.e. Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye) a plus
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Engineering or a minimum 5 years’ experience in related field.