Security Analyst (access control, encryption) (1001- Security Anals) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD35 - USD40 per day|
Leading provider of technology solutions to the Veterans’ Administration seeking a Senior Security Analyst for a 6+ contract (possible contract to hire) for our South Austin location. You will participate with the security teams and provide guidance on technologies related to security in the data center and desktop environments.
Role and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Maintain access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Establish computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Safeguard computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
- Help guide the security teams with the solving security issues and assisting them with security road maps.
- Assist with developing and maintaining security policies, root cause analysis, and overall security direction.
- Develop and maintain security artifacts such as security plans, contingency plans, risk assessments, privacy impact assessments, incident response plans, configuration management plans, configurations checklists and interconnection security agreements.
- Work under general supervision, a wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Ability to work with technologies at all levels, including the network, operating system, and application levels.
- Understanding of how data security is driven by business processes, regulatory compliance requirements, and security best practices.
- Thorough understanding of general information security controls (administrative, logical, and physical); including policy development, data classification, access control deployment and user provisioning, encryption, and systems monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands on experience with multiple operating system and database environments is required.
- Familiarity with security and IT control frameworks.