Business System Analyst (transmission utility) (1001 - BSA) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD40 - USD48 per hour|
Long-term contract opportunity for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst skilled in identifying and documenting business functional and technical requirements and activities for application development.
- Perform Business Process Reengineering and identify new technology for efficiency.
- Perform Business Process mapping.
- Prepare solution options, risk identification, and gap analysis.
- Develop training manuals/materials.
- Prepare and document functional specifications and develop technical specifications.
- Work with IT, business personnel, and external vendors to understand and implement requirements.
- Has performed as a Lead Business Analyst in one or more Electric Utility technology projects.
- Knowledge of organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Skilled in performing structured business analysis on medium to large projects
- Skilled in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making
- Skilled in teamwork, communication, innovation, adaptability, and decision making, along with a customer focus, results orientation, and business sense.
- Skilled in business or technical writing as evidenced by previous work-related experience
- Ability to recognize a problem and solve it.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines
- Unwavering focus on details and quality
- Proficient in MS Word and Visio.
- Prior experience working as a Business Analyst on Transmission or Distribution utility projects
- Knowledge in the Electric Utility Smart Grid technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint