Customer Service Director (req61) Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Customer Service Director will ensure that the Customer Services functions, including Transportation, Member Services and the Provider Assistance Center, meet the needs of UCare’s members and providers and are performing within State and Federal regulatory requirements. Set the direction for a high level of customer satisfaction throughout UCare by establishing effective plans, procedures, and performance expectations. Assist in the development and accomplishment of UCare’s strategic goals. Monitor performance of customer services functions by analyzing customer response metrics and developing plans to improve customer response time and satisfaction with Customer Services.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities listed below are essential function of the position.
1. Participate as a member of the Leadership Team in the development, implementation, monitoring and completion of UCare’s strategic plan.
2. Lead UCare’s efforts to develop, implement, communicate and monitor customer-centered feedback, initiatives and strategies throughout the company.
3. Lead UCare’s Call Center Transformation Initiative.
4. Support the values of UCare by fostering enthusiasm for community involvement, collaboration with other departments, and active participation on UCare’s various committees and workgroups.
5. Develop and implement Customer Services’ annual department plan, action plans, and projects. Oversee the development of Customer Services policies, procedures, staff development and
training, and performance standards. Prepare and monitor the Customer Services Department budget.
6. Retain current knowledge of customer services techniques in the industry and strive to make continual improvements to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
7. Ensure that the performance of Transportation, and Member Services and Provider Assistance Center are consistent with UCare’s goals, strategies and regulatory compliance.
8. Develop and implement plans to increase HEDIS scores on member satisfaction measures in collaboration with the Vice President of Operations and the Quality Management staff.
9. Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of a process for pre-delegation and oversight of customer service functions delegated to other entities to ensure services meet State,
Federal and contractual requirements.
10. Oversee contract maintenance and compliance for the Customer Services Department with the following regulatory agencies: DHS, CMS, MDH, and MDC.
11. Serve as the primary liaison for evaluation and implementation of UCare business opportunities regarding Customer Services functions.
12. Represent UCare with external agencies and consumer groups as appropriate.
13. Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in health related field or liberal arts required. Master degree is preferred. At least ten years of equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Required Experience: Six to eight years experience in the call center or member services department of an insurance company, managed care organization or customer services organization. Minimum of four years managerial experience, preferably in an in-bound call center or customer services environment.
Preferred Experience: At least five years experience in a leadership role in a customer service or provider service department of a managed care organization is preferred. Prior experience and knowledge of State Program and Medicare products, enrollment and reconciliation is preferred. Working knowledge of six sigma, process improvement and project management methodologies. Proven background in call center process, people and technology transformation.