Editor III - 2797672 (BBBH459) Manhattan, New York
Seeking 2 news mobile app editor to help curate highly visual daily news digests consumed via mobile news app experiences. This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate.
- Lead curation efforts to compile and curate visual news digests, which serves as a definitive and holistic roundup of the day's news in a very visual and summarized form. Elements you can curate include but aren't limited to: maps, quotes, infographics, images, video, etc.
- Strong editorial ability to combine and prioritize top breaking news with lighter, buzzier content around entertainment, sports, arts, and other related news for an intelligent consumer looking for depth and alacrity.
- Uncanny knack for display copy, image selection, caption composition and savviness with relevant multimedia value-added storytelling components (e.g. stock price, maps, context, etc.)
- Other tasks may include general editorial duties as time permits and as needed, such as photo and story editing. Required Skills/Experience (for both job #1 and job #2):
- Strong editorial background including related writing and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Web-based publishing tools
- Prior experience with the curation of news surfaced through mobile app experiences and/or mobile news reader experiences
**Please note this is a W-2 Contract Position**