CISCO Network Engineer (BBBH5247) Schenectady, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity for a
CISCO Network Engineer in Albany, NY
SCOPE OF PROJECT
As the CISCO Network Engineer you’ll perform Network design, build out and administrative functions
· Provide on-site and remote network support.
· Install, configure and customize network routers, switches, and associated hardware to meet agency requirements
· Install, configure and customize network software, and ensure configurations meet agency requirements.
· Track significant problems, monitor performance and perform upgrades to hardware and software as needed.
· Design appropriate solutions and identify available network solutions.
· Create statements of work, cost estimates, and project plans to implement solutions.
· Participate in the selection and procurement of network hardware and software
· Perform maintenance on all hardware and software relating to switches and routers and associated hardware and software
· Administer and maintain up to date maintenance contracts for all network hardware.
· Administer and sustain all appropriate documentation
· Assists with technical support of existing solutions and/or products.
· May install new products and assist in the migration to new releases or versions of products and provide related education.
· Area of expertise is usually related to a particular technology platform. In addition, a Technical Specialist may have programming skills and would be part of a project team.
· 48 Months managing, installing and configuring CISCO switches and routers in local and wide-area network
· 48 Months experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using Cisco equipment, to include intimate knowledge of QoS, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), inter-VLAN routing, and trunking
· 48 Months in WLAN, extended wired LAN with Wireless using wireless access points and WLAN 802.11x
· 48 Months experience installing and configuring CSS load balancers in a redundant environment
· 48 Months Experience building encrypted tunnels (IPSEC, GRE)
· CCNA Certification
· 24 Months Experience on data communication equipment: Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, ATM Tester
· 36 Months Experience with Cisco Unified Communications, PoE and VoIP deployment and support
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· 24 Months Project Management Experience
More information about Tailwind Associates can be found at www.tailwindassoc.com
Tailwind Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.