Jr. Security Engineer (BBBH5472) Albany, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity for a Jr. Security Engineer in Albany, NY
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• Ten years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise, secured environments.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning for the network.
• Switching and Routing (OSPF, BGP, SSLVPN and IPSec VPN, MPLS, QOS)
• Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper firewalls for large scale user/customer base organization.
• Network management experience including Netflow, syslog, SNMP, firewall analysis tools.
• Load balancing technologies such as CSS and F5 LTM (preferred).
• Experienced in Linux OS including SendMail
• Experienced in Project Management for IT projects
• Experienced IDS/IPS Implementation – freeware and commercial
• Experience with Microsoft Servers – 2003/08
• Juniper Network Security Certification (FW/VPN)
• F5 LTM Systems Engineer and Product Contractor
• Cisco Certified Security Professional, CCNA
• PMI trained; ISO 9001 trained/experienced
• Security certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, etc.)
The objective is to establish scheduled, routine security maintenance of key servers, appliances, security related software (i.e.: firewalls, content filters, etc.) and to have access to a proven security and networking technology Contractor and establish an Information Security Operations Center to enhance the security infrastructure.
The scope of work to be performed by the Contractor consists of tasks in four functional areas.
1. Support. As needed the Contractor will provide security and network functionality. This support service includes, but is not limited to, Checkpoint Firewall, Redhat Linux Advance Server, Iron port, and Cisco devices.
2. Patch Management. Application of software updates and patches on supported security and network systems and devices to minimize exploits and security flaws and to improve system-operating stability.
3. Design. Assist in the design of networks to include in the architecture proper placement of security hardware, user testing, and a security operations center to include remote access.
4. Remediation. Implementation of remediation of security and network vulnerabilities will be identified and reported to Information Security Officer. The security and network devices affected include, but are not limited to, Checkpoint Firewall, Redhat Linux Advance Server, Iron port, Cisco devices.
The scope of work may also include the following:
• Network and Security Architecture validation and improvement; including project management for respective security related projects.
• Remediation of audit recommendations (Internal Audit (IA), Information Security Officer (ISO), Cyber Security Critical Infrastructure Coordination (CSCIC)) of network and security architecture in compliance with CSCIC and NYS standards, and industry best practices.
• Review hardware and software levels and provide updates and recommendations on a regular basis.
• Implementation of security infrastructure [core infrastructure] [IDS/IPS, Firewalls].
• Implementation and monitoring of security and performance logs.
• Implement network management tools to identify, plan and support security posture and network health.