SAN Storage Administrator (BBBH5786) Schenectady, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity for a SAN Storage Administrator with our client in Albany, NY
Scope of the Project:
Staff augmentation to perform SAN and NAS storage and enterprise backup administration functions
Day to day tasks:
The Storage/Backup Administrator provides hands-on day-to-day administration, architecting, and problem-solving for SAN/NAS Storage and enterprise backup environments. Staff will perform the full range of storage and system administration tasks as defined by the Manager of UNIX Systems, such as, but not limited to:
• Install, configure, and administer the enterprise class SAN attached storages IBM DS8300, DS3574, and v7000 storage systems.
• Manage IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC).
• Administer fiber SAN and iSCSI NAS environments
• Add/delete/modify SAN Zones for Brocade fabrics
• Manage, administer, upgrade, and support NetApp Filers.
• Responsible for providing a highly available storage and backup environment to eliminate single points of failure
• Provision Storage as required
• Ensure all Storage configurations, installs, replacements, upgrades and firmware are executed and completed on time
• Responsible for Storage computing environment metrics collection and reporting
• Utilizing IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center software
• Monitor storage systems to ensure adequate capacity, performance and availability
• Responsible for Storage security and audit findings and any/all remediation efforts
• Implement backup technologies and manage backup environments with Symantec Veritas NetBackup , EMC Avamar and Acronis Backup & Recovery
• Ensure SAN / NAS storage Infrastructure and Backup Software platform meet Service Level Agreements.
• Planning, preparation and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures. Responsible to provide Disaster Recovery solutions as it relates to SAN storage by developing and maintaining a library of procedures for disaster recovery documentation.
• Day to day troubleshooting of issues involving NAS or SAN storage and backups
• Minimum of 84 Months of experience administering, architecting, and problem-solving IBM Enterprise Data Storages and SAN Volume Controller (SVC)
• Minimum of 84 Months of experience managing Brocade fabrics and director switches
• Minimum of 84 Months of experience implement enterprise backup technologies and manage backup environments with Veritas NetBackup, EMC Avamar, or other enterprise backup solutions
• Minimum of 60 Months of experience installing, upgrading Data OnTap, performance tuning, and day to day management of NetApp (IBM N-series) storage
• Minimum of 60 Months of working knowledge in planning and implementing storage solutions for Disaster Recovery strategy including working with business units to develop recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO)
• Minimum of 60 Months of experience and possess a comprehensive understanding of Fibre Channel Raid storage and be able to install, troubleshoot and administrator all components associated with Fibre Channel and iSCSI storage systems.
• Minimum of 36 Months of experience with Data Duplication technology, backup and recovery processes for VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, Oracle or SQL databases
• Minimum of 36 Months of experience with IBM AIX or Linux operating systems and hardware
• Minimum of 36 Months of experience with Windows and VMware operating systems and hardware
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.