Desktop Support Specialist (BBBH5596) Voorheesville, New York
Tailwind Associates is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist
for their Albany client
This is a hands–on technical assignment and responsibilities include support for desktop and peripheral hardware, COTS and agency specific software, and network connectivity.
The individual selected for this position will carry out all IT support efforts and workstation support.
· Assess, diagnose and resolve a wide variety of computer issues both hardware and software related.
· Perform hardware repairs on PCs and laptops when necessary, replace parts as needed.
· Install/Uninstall software as directed.
· Prepare new equipment for deployment using Ghost.
· Assist users with backing up data and the migration to new hardware.
· Maintain accurate hardware asset information.
· Provide end user training in general computer use and specific software platforms.
· Research new technologies.
· Conduct end user needs assessments for new technology.
· Support printers, multifunction devices, and various other peripherals
· 48 Months of experience supporting applications and working with users to troubleshoot system errors/functionality in person, via phone and via remote control.
· 48 Months of experience troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft Windows XP and higher operating systems.
· 48 Months of experience and competence working with and supporting Microsoft Office Suite (MS Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
· 48 months of experience troubleshooting and supporting Citrix, Groupwise, VPN and wireless networking.
· 48 months experience supporting and repairing printers and multifunction devices.
· 48 months experience creating or updating system support and end user documentation\
· 48 months experience supporting TraCS, SJS, Livescan, and other Law Enforcement specialized software.
· 48 months experience working in and supporting a large enterprise environment (2500+ computers).
· 48 months experience working in a team environment.
· 48 months experience providing outstanding customer service
More information about Tailwind Associates can be found at www.tailwindassoc.com
Tailwind Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.