Windows Administrator (BBBH5848) Albany, New York
Tailwind Associates is seeking an WINDOWS ENGINEER for their Albany, NY client
The Windows Engineer is responsible for the administration, performance, and operation of the Windows Server software and hardware environment. You’ll manage the establishment and promotion of Windows Server standards and procedures regarding troubleshooting and supporting, security validation checks, and operating policies. As the Windows Engineer you’ll be expected to respond to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problem equipment or software installations, coordinate/configure changes, and escalate problems they are unable to handle in a timely manner. You’ll also be required to provide status reports, problem summaries, and project summaries as necessary
· Proactively monitor operational status, capacity and performance of supported Windows infrastructure, ensuring that they remain within acceptable limits. Ensure issues identified (including potential options to resolve) in good time.
· Evaluate and install new software releases, system upgrades in a controlled, timely fashion.
· Ensure high quality documentation for supported infrastructure is developed and maintained.
· Ensure that suitable data backups are maintained.
· Ensure that Windows security remains intact and assist with the administration of Windows user permissions and profiles.
· Strong technical experience in a Windows networking and server support environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Exchange, VMWare
· Experience managing a large Active Directory domain.
· Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft SQL server.
· Ability to automate processes through scripting.
· Ability to support the installation of hardware and application software programs and coordinate system software changes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
More information about Tailwind Associates can be found at www.tailwindassoc.com