Technical Specialist (BBBH5059) Voorheesville, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity for a Technical Specialist in Albany, NY
Support Staff for Technical Service Infrastructure
• Resolve Helpdesk tickets opened for technical service group.
• Resolve server related issues.
• Install/Upgrade RedHat 5.x and 6.X and SuSE 10 OS
• Maintain Linux servers and resolve hardware issues.
• Install/upgrade software need for projects such as Apache, PHP, MYSQL and Drupal
• Resolve issues with user permissions, NFS mounts and other Linux type issues.
· Minimum 72 months experience in administering and supporting IT Systems.
· Minimum 72 months experience installing and administering Solaris operating systems on Sparc hardware. This should include 72 months of experience with Veritas Volume manager, Sun Volume
· Manager, management of SAN storage allocations to Solaris, configuration of network parameters within the Solaris OS.
· Minimum 48 months experience in installing, configuring, performance tuning and troubleshooting Linux Operating Systems on x86 servers. This should include network configuration, storage allocation and configuration including use of LVM2 tools and utilities.
· SuSE or RedHat Linux experience required (SuSE 9, SuSE 10, RedHat EL 5.X and 6.X).
· Certified Solaris 10 Systems Administrator.
· Minimum 12 months experience with shell scripting and other scripting languages including Python (preferred) on Unix systems.
· Minimum 12 months experience using Veritas Foundation Suite on Solaris. Experience should include defining disks to Veritas; creating volumes and Veritas file systems; importing and deporting volumes to/from a Solaris host
· Minimum 12 months experience with server virtualization using either Solaris Zones including setting up and configuring virtual machines, configuring networking, allocation of resources to virtual machines, clustering and performance monitoring
· Minimum 12 months experience configuring network interfaces and services on Solaris and Linux systems.
· Minimum 12 months experience setting up SAN storage on Solaris and Linux.
· Minimum 12 months experience setting up Oracle ASM on Linux (SuSE or RedHat … RedHat preferred).