QTP Automation Script Developer (BBBH5525) New York, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity for a
QTP Automation Script Developer in New York, NY
As the QTP Automation Script Developer you’ll be responsible for the implementation and automation of the HR and Benefits functions of PeopleSoft HRMS for the New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS). Under the direction of the Test Manager, the Automation Script Developer will design, develop and maintain high-quality data-driven modular test scripts in HP Quick Test Professional to ensure delivery of quality functionality for PeopleSoft HRMS customizations. Develop and manage automated test cases, test scripts and test plans for system, functional, regression, smoke & integration testing.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification requirements.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
- 4+yrs experience developing scripts using descriptive programming in HP QTP.
- 4+yrs experience developing advanced functions using programming languages such as JAVA or VBScript.
- Expertise in developing custom hands-on QTP Library (ability to script well thought-out functions).
- Knowledge of Automation Framework (Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid etc.)
- Reviewing QTP scripts to identify and correct semantic errors.
- Expertise in integrating QTP scripts with QC.
- Ability to develop error handling and recovery scenarios.
- Identify, debug and clearly articulate software defects.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- DB2 a plus.
- Experience testing PeopleSoft 8.x configuration, new functionality, patches, fixes and upgrades.
- Experience creating testing deliverables that include Test Strategies, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Functional knowledge of IIR Benefits and payroll administration processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and very detailed oriented.)
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
More information about Tailwind Associates can be found at www.tailwindassoc.com
Tailwind Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.