Senior Trials Engineer
Location: Dorset, England
Senior Trials Engineer
Exciting new opportunity for a Senior Trials Engineer based in Dorset for a 23 month fixed term contract.
Our global Engineering client is currently looking to expand their team in Dorset with an experienced Senior Trials Engineer focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support.
As a Senior Trials Engineer you will be able to:
• Operation of on and off-vehicle instrumentation to ensure that the trials data is correctly collected.
• Recording of trials events through written logs, photography and videography as required
• Initial investigation of incident and observations raised during the trial and subsequent reporting of those incidents and observations
• Assist the trials manager in the safe and correct conduct of the trials
• Maintenance and configuration of the on-vehicle instrumentation suite
• Working with test houses to ensure that trials run as smoothly as possible
• Working closely with the vehicle owners and vehicle crews to ensure that the trials activities & objectives are understood and adhered to
Most of the trials are based in Dorset but certain trials are based elsewhere so UK travel will be required with some lengthy trials requiring extended working away from site.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
• Experience of armored fighting vehicle qualification trials or similar
• Experience of using Data Acquisition equipment e.g. data loggers, video loggers, photography and videography in a test and trials environment
• Experience of using the following instrumentation/data acquisition technologies: accelerometers, thermocouples, MiLCAN, Ethernet analysers or similar
• Experience of reporting and diagnosis of faults and observations on complex systems
• Experience of working effectively in small teams for extended periods away from the main office
• Experience of working with and recording Def Stan 00-82 video or similar technologies
• Experience of EMC, Environmental and Electrical tests and trials to DEF-STAN or equivalent military standards
• Experience of installing, maintaining and operating commercial radio communications equipment
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".