Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Location: St. Albans, England
Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Fitter based in St Albans.
Following a recent expansion, our engineering and manufacturing client is currently looking to expand their workforce in St Albans with an experienced Assembly Supervisor Specialising in designing and manufacturing temperature control systems for over 60 years. During this time their systems have gained an enviable reputation for reliability, robust operation and minimal maintenance requirements, based on expert design and proven engineering skills. Their systems are used wherever fluid temperature control is vital – principally in marine, industrial, power generation and rail applications
The successful candidate will be an adept all-rounder, capable and experienced in mechanical assembly but with all-round hands -on ability – an individual who likes to keep busy and can offer support to other areas of the business when required.
The job-holder will be required to work co-operatively with the existing Assembly Shop Foreman prior to his retirement, and will take over his full responsibilities at that time.
As an Mechanical Assembly Fitter your responsibilities are:
• Assembly of the Company’s products in accordance with the relevant engineering drawings, specifications and assembly procedures
• Setting up and pressure/function testing finished assemblies and products in accordance with the relevant procedures and work instructions
• Overhauling and repairing used equipment and products
• Overseeing the cleaning, painting and packing of products
• Ensuring all job-related documentation and assembly checklists are completed as each job progresses
• Maintaining a clean, safe and tidy environment in the Assembly Shop at all times
• Working constructively with the Engineering Manager in the scheduling and prioritisation of work
• Adhering to the Company’s health and safety procedures, and working at all times in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner
• Adhering to the requirements of the Company’s quality management system, including eradicating potential areas of non-conformance and implementing process improvements
• Working co-operatively with other staff and in particular the current Assembly Shop Foreman, the Chief Inspector and Engineering Manager
• Supervising any other staff who may be seconded into the Assembly Shop to support the assembly function during periods of high workload
• Participating in the Company’s staff appraisal and training processes
Knowledge, Experience and Training
• Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering arrangement drawings, part lists and procedures
• Time served mechanical fitter with at least 10 years’ hands-on experience of medium-heavy metallic product assembly (can be flexible on this)
• Ability to use pillar drilling machines and hand tools
• Capability to manually lift components and assemblies up to 25 kilos in weight
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Ability to diagnose and solve problems
• Flexibility to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative and maintain self-motivation
• Willingness to help out in other areas of the business when necessary and be a good team player
Desirable but not essential
• NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (or other similar qualification)
• Experience of simple electrical product assembly
• Experience of pressure testing valves, pipes or other flange-connected products
• Ability and experience of using manual (non-CNC) lathes milling machines or radial drills
• Computer literacy
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".