Senior Hardware Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Senior Hardware Engineer
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Senior Hardware Engineer based in Edinburgh.
Following a recent expansion, our global engineering and manufacturing client is currently looking to expand their team in Edinburgh with an experienced Senior Hardware Engineer to join the Power CDT Team. The team provides expert advice, guidance, design and governance throughout the full lifecycle of all projects on site for matters pertaining to Power.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer:
This role is suited to those with a strong technical background in Power Supplies or someone with a strong Analog Design background who is looking to specialise in Power Supplies. You will report directly to the CDT Lead Engineer and have role covering the wide scope of both Power System Test and Power System Design
Key Responsibility Areas
• Review of System Requirements and partitioning into Power System Requirements. Sub-partitioning into SRI Requirements.
• Provided design lead and support to other members of the CDT, including schematic capture, component selection and derating and simulation of power supply circuitry.
• Support Power CDT for full range of Power System tests including prototyping, design verification and production support.
• Creation and review of documentation such as Outsource Procurement Specifications, Statement of Work, Circuit & System Simulations and associated White Papers, Test Reports, Test plans.
• Work closely with other CDTs and the EMC Team to create Earth & Grounding diagrams, EMC Plans and Design Stage Review material.
• Knowledge sharing with the other members of the PSU CDT.
• Provide design and domain knowledge support to Projects, CDTs, Suppliers, Workshare Partners and Customers.
• You will also play an active role in the on-going process improvement initiatives within the team and knowledge sharing of Power related topics across the wider business.
Skills, Qualification and Knowledge.
• Ideally you will possess a minimum of HND in Engineering Systems or related technical discipline.
• You will have sounds understanding of the basic principles of:
• Measurement & Instrumentation systems.
• Electrical power systems.
• ACDC and DCDC switched mode power supply design.
• Electrical & RF Safety.
• You should be familiar with Microsoft Office and Visio as well as experience in a recognised Schematic and Simulation toolset.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics, Simetrix or LT Spice is preferred but not necessary.
Occasional travel within the UK and abroad with overnight stays may be required.
The nature of the tasks involved means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".