Location: Southampton, England
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Supportability Engineer based in Southampton.
Following a recent expansion, our global engineering and manufacturing client is currently looking to expand their team in Southampton with an experienced Supportability Engineer.
We are looking for engineers who have a working knowledge of how to identify the core technical and academic skills needed by the customer in order to effectively operate or maintain our products. The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of the principles and process used in the systems approach to training. The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of how to use training techniques and resources to deliver a training objective or task. The successful applicant will also have a working knowledge of learning styles, training techniques and assessment methods that can be used effectively in training scenarios.
As a Supportability Engineer you will be able to:
• Create and deliver high quality training packages that support students learning journey whilst ensuring safety standards are adhered to. You will have experience in using appropriate questioning & testing techniques to verify course performance criteria have been achieved.
• Analysis, preparation and delivery of Supportability Engineering activities with the main focus being in Training).
• Manage own development towards attaining professional standards & registration within a relevant body. Manage own work on a week to week basis, with minimal supervision.
• Work with Integrated Project Teams (IPT) / Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) providing accurate engineering output and providing technical information to ensure informed decision making.
• You will be responsible for developing robust engineering solutions with within their own discipline, taking into account the impact of their work on broader project issues.
• You will be expected to plan & deliver their own work, across medium term planning horizons & provide complex technical advice to both internal & external customers.
• Engineers at this level will also be expected to translate customer requirements into clear technical solutions & specifications.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Work with weekly input from the IPT to identify project needs.
• Liaise with engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gather information, interpret the engineering information turn key points into suitable material; support the reviewing of material.
• Delivery of material to the customer, careful tracking of information through project process. Working with a minimal level of supervision
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge required
• An engineering background with a solid understanding of system design architecture.
• Must be able to demonstrate evidence of working at a professional standard, ideally with customer interaction:
• Technical publication specification with broad understanding of the tools and processes used:
• Ø AESP specification
• Ø S1000D specification
• Ø Naval Book of Reference
• Ø Electronic Technical Publications
• Desirable (Although similar qualifications / experience will be equally important and considered)
• City & Guilds 6502 Certificate in Education and Training (Level 3) desirable. Knowledge of Defence System Approach to Training (DSAT) processes
• ILS methodology knowledge (Def Stan 00-600, Defence Logistics Framework, Def Stan 00-40, Def Stan 00-42 typically experienced in more than one aspect of supportability.
• Advanced MS OFFICE skills essential, MS Word skills with advanced knowledge of styles and formatting, paragraph numbing, creation of linked pdfs. Good graphical skills using PowerPoint or Visio.
• Authoring to specifications, AESP, BR, DAP, S1000D.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".