Location: Bedfordshire, England
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Bench Technician based in Bedfordshire.
Our electromechanical engineering client is currently looking to expand their workforce in Bedfordshire with an experienced Bench Technician Specialising in electronic and mechanical sub-contract services to the manufacturing industry, their expertise are bespoke cable assemblies, product manufacture, panel building and PCB population.
As a Bench Technician you will be able to:
• The successful applicant must have at least 3 years proven experience in either an electronic or mechanical assembly environment.
• Be able to read circuit diagrams, wiring schedules, and mechanical drawings and follow written procedures.
• Have a sound knowledge of engineering materials, terminology and descriptions along with familiarisation of modern manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Know how to solder “to a high standard” crimp and understand the differences between a good and bad solder joint and crimp termination.
• Have a steady hand and good eyesight.
• Know how to assemble and mount various electronic and mechanical components, identify and terminate wires and build precision mechanisms.
• Be prepared to work at customer’s premises for training.
To build mechanical products and assemblies, which may involve drilling, tapping, filing and sawing along with component mounting, panel construction, wiring, identifying and terminating. To assemble, wire and test products to customers schedules, drawings, samples or procedures.
The successful applicant will also be asked to support our cable Technicians so experience of various types of cable termination techniques and soldering along with any other electronic experience would be a big advantage.
To complete any administrative duties requested by either the customer or employer.
The successful applicant may also be asked to support our cable Technicians so experience of various types of cable termination techniques and soldering along with any other electronic experience would be a big advantage.
• An absolute minimum of 3 years in an assembly position and a good understanding of both electronic and mechanical practices and principals are essential.
• Ideally a minimum qualification of an ONC or HNC in electronics or mechanical engineering, all though some training will be given.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".