Materials & Process Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, England
Materials and Process Engineer
Exciting new 6 months Contract opportunity has arisen for a Materials and Process Engineer
based in Portsmouth.
Our global and engineering client based in Portsmouth is currently looking to expand their team with an experienced Materials and Process Engineer. Working as part of a transnational team providing Materials and Processes related support to the local business units for all procured flight related electronic equipment, cables and harnesses. Contributing to the Materials and Processes team mission, assuring the quality of materials and processes used to their products. This role reports to the head of the TEIME group.
As a Materials and process Engineer you will be able to:
• Provide a support as a technical authority for all flight related electronic equipment, material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances to internal and external customers alike.
• Act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project or product teams, acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
• Interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure that all electronic equipment and related materials and processes are fully approved within project timescales and with respect to customer quality requirements.
• To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
• To prepare declared materials and processes lists, ensuring that all qualifications for both materials and processes have been achieved by the Critical Design Reviews.
• Actively participate in transnational meetings to drive the standardisation of process links between sited.
• To review and approve, where necessary, supplier or subcontractor materials and processes documentation.
• To monitor the technical performance of suppliers and subcontractors participating in audits as required.
• To provide training and assist in the development of other members of the department.
• Materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as: electronics technology, soldering and SMT, micro-joining techniques, printed circuit boards, metallurgy, paints, coatings and adhesives. Good working knowledge of failure analysis techniques.
• Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability.
• Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
• Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
Required work experience:
• Experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment, ideally Aerospace or Defence (minimum of 3 - 5 years).
• Multidisciplinary team working.
• Transnational awareness.
• Appreciation of audits and continuous improvement.
• Awareness of health and safety, environment and COSHH.
• National and international travel.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".