Level 3 Network Support Specialist (3582) Wichita, Kansas
Buchanan Technologies is an international IT professional service, consulting and outsourcing company. We are committed to delivering cutting edge solutions and creating extremely satisfied customers. To deliver on this promise, Buchanan Technologies employs the best and brightest in the technology field, backs them up with proven processes and maintains an overall focus on the business relationship we have with our clients. It's the perfect combination of people, process and technology.
Our people are our most important and valuable asset. We passionately pursue relationships with our employees, partners, and customers. We work to understand and respect one another's success goals and create an environment that enables and celebrates achievement. Each individual at Buchanan Technologies has a key role in ensuring the company functions smoothly and successfully.
This is why we at Buchanan Technologies begin every new relationship with an employee, partner, or customer by discussing who we are; our Values, Vision, and Direction.
Buchanan Technologies is searching for a Level 3 Network Support Specialist for our Wichita location.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Curr, Install, maintain and troubleshoot local area networks, wide area networks, and data communications equipment
- Provide technical expertise in all areas of networks including router, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, VOIP, and security
- Analyze and resolve network-related issues reported by users
- Setup monitoring for data communications equipment for bandwidth, CPU, and packet analyzing
- Design, configure, and test network failover configuration
- Identify network bottlenecks and recommend solutions
- Establish and document networking standards for network architecture
- Define and implement processes, procedures and tools to ensure network equipment efficiency
- Engage vendors on issues related to internet and intranet connectivity, VOIP, standards adherence and intrusion detection
- Experience with Cisco, Sonicwall, HP switches, Dell switches, and other network equipment
- Preferably CCNA and CCNP certification
- Must have knowledge of following TCP/IP, SNMP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS
- Must have advanced knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching
- Must have knowledge of ACL's, NAT, PAT, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, VLAN, ARP, MAC
- Must have knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS command line configuration
- Must have knowledge and experience with Cisco ASA command line configuration
- Experience with NetFlow Analyzing tools preferred
- Experience with identifying security risks
We are at the forefront of cutting-edge projects and a Preferred Microsoft Gold Partner. We offer an empowered work force, enjoy the loyalty of our tenured employees and offer a competitive compensation and benefits structure.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.