Desktop Support - Field Services Technician (3255) Chicago, Illinois
Buchanan Technologies is currently seeking a Desktop Technician for the Chicago, IL area. The Desktop Technician is responsible for supporting PC based computers and related equipment for customers and for providing technical expertise, experience and documentation/project coordination as required to install or repair hardware/software and resolve technical problems. This is a full time, benefitted opportunity with Buchanan Technologies supporting clients in the Country Club Hills, Downtown and surrounding areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on client PC�s using approved methods and processes.
- Install hardware and software for clients.
- Complete necessary internal and client related documentation as required on a daily basis.
- Install/configure/repair network and local printers.
- Train clients on basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate and interact as required with end users and internal staff.
Qualification / Requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of PC desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of local and network printer support.
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Windows based servers.
- Customer service related experience.
- Basic knowledge of ticket based tracking system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver�s license.
- Dependable transportation.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education / Training / Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years� experience with Windows XP/7 OS, Microsoft 2000/XP, PC re-imaging.
- Minimum of three (3) year experience with PC and laptop hardware.
- Certification in A+
- Certification in Server + or Network+
- Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Certification in Dell Hardware
- Certification in HP Hardware
- Certification in IBM/Lenovo Hardware
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent