Annuity Project Manager and Technical Specialist (7241BR) New York, New York
The Annuity Project Manager will conduct business analysis and provide project management support to the Senior Project Manager in Retail Annuities in New York Life Investment Management.
The Project Manager will be heavily involved in holistic project planning with respect to the execution of Retail Annuities product plans across all product lines. This entails product development project planning and execution from ideation to development & distribution rollouts. The Project Manager will also aid in the development of a scalable Project Management Office (PMO) standard and a robust product development process to ensure proper due diligence on products we bring to the market. The Project Manager also plays a primary role interfacing and coordinating with IT project manager, product managers, actuaries and marketing managers to ensure project plans are executed appropriately within the specified constraints of time and cost.
• Supports the product management team in the execution of all product management & development initiatives through coordination with IT project managers, product managers, actuaries, marketing managers and other key functional areas
• Assists the Senior Project Manager in the creation of a project management office and an end-to-end product development process
• Develop and follow PMO standards for reporting and execution.
• Ongoing assessment and reporting of project risk across all development efforts
• Coordinates with business partners, vendors, and other relevant areas of NYL
• Aids in the development of project plans, schedules and reports as needed.
• Tracks and maintains outstanding issues list and meets with product managers on a regular basis to address open issues and discuss status.
• Documents requirements; evaluates and analyzes information and communicates and collaborates with stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent skills and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Annuities knowledge is a plus
• Certification in the field of project management is a plus
• Goal oriented, self managed and motivated
• Demonstrated ability to work within all levels of the organization, and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure while providing a positive image.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities
• Demonstrates high energy and a passion for work.
• Excellent PC skills in SharePoint, MS Project, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes.