Associate – Platform Sales (7006BR) New York, New York
An investment professional who provides support to the Platform Sales team as they help identify distribution opportunities and maintain existing relationships, focusing on the Mainstay funds and separate accounts, with our retail investment partners. The position requires investment product and industry knowledge including the use of marketing and consultant databases for investment management research purposes. This position reports to Head of Platform Sales and will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in New York, New York.
• Understand and be able to clearly articulate and discuss Mainstay Funds and asset classes
• Prepare and present competitive analysis and marketplace dynamics utilizing software and databases such as Zephyr and Morningstar
• Maintenance of platform information: funds and portfolios including performance and attribution analysis
• Explore and assist in developing new presentations that focus on NYLI and boutiques investment strategies and sales objectives
• Facilitate and coordinate on site visits with analysts from consulting groups and research teams
• Communicate with Relationship Management Team sharing and receiving information
• Assist in developing a platform sales database which would contain white papers, presentations and institutional materials pertinent to the team’s success.
• Coordinate quarterly communications and reports
• Strong knowledge of Capital Markets, Mutual Funds, and Investment strategies
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters Degree and/or CFA preferred
• Minimum of 2+ years of investment industry experience preferred.
• Experience in building and maintaining client relationships at the executive level.
• Series 6 or 7, and 63 licenses are required for the position (the latter could be obtained).
• 10 – 20% Travel: is required.
• Thorough knowledge of MainStay funds and its products that impact the business, as well as sales and marketing strategies