Master Data Lead (PCK593-11341) Tampa, Florida
Job ID:13066 Position Description:Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Master Data Lead?
We are currently seeking a Master Data Lead for our FishHawk, FL location. The Master Data Lead will directly execute and manage master data (MD) from origination throughout data lifecycles, including providing inputs into policy formulation, ensuring policy compliance and quality assurance, and enabling business process optimization. This person will lead the MD team and track and improve data across Mosaic to ensure the trustworthiness of enterprise data for the defined business need. With the Manager, Mosaic Shared Services, the Master Data Lead will proactively work with stakeholders to educate on MD issues and opportunities, will establish the master data quality metrics and targets, will ensure compliance with MD policies, and monitor data quality within SAP. In addition, this person will lead team responsible for cash applications and first line collections, working closely with the credit team in Treasury.
What will you do?
- Execute all aspects of master data management process
- Execute, implement and enforce strategic policies pertaining to master data to promote strong data integrity and operational efficiencies through data quality and standardization
- Implement controls as required by SOX compliance
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through collaboration with business partners, including Commercial, Credit, Procurement, Operations and International
- Maintain extensive knowledge of master data management disciplines and new technologies and practices used in the MD process through exposure to industry practices, changing technology, and proactive networking
- Establish master data quality metrics and targets and ensure regular communications of the metrics to key stakeholders of the organization
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable / Collections team to ensure funds are properly applied and collection goals are achieved
- Implement controls as required by SOX compliance
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements by collaboration with the Credit team
- Supervise and train master data and accounts receivable employees to ensure proper data quality and compliance with MD policies and appropriate cash applications / AR collections
- Develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business
- Manage performance issues when necessary
- Work with employees on their career development plans
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager, Mosaic Shared Services
Position Requirements:What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of master data management/governance and finance/ IT/customer service experience
- Previous experience managing people is preferred
- Experience in implementing Master Data Management processes and solutions preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- SAP or large ERP systems experience is required
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization and external customers and suppliers
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and lead employees
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time throughout North America
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.