Technical Trainer (3290) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Technical Trainer in our Santa Clara, CA office.
Candidate will work in the North American Customer Training department. As a Technical Instructor/Developer within the Customer Training and Education function must demonstrate excellent customer communication and training skills. This role is expected to apply problem analysis skills to technical and training related opportunities. Strong inter-personal skills are required to ensure effective delivery of customer training, internal training, and education based delivery required in this position. Primary focus will be on technical training on products and associated concepts required in support of these products. The duties of this position dictate that the Instructor/Developer possess the ability to provide design, develop and deliver training material across a broad portfolio of products and technologies.
- Develop, deliver and maintain all assigned Aviat Networks curriculum courses
- Update training material as and when needed on assigned product/courses
- Accountable for Training facility including all aspects of operational effectiveness and equipment maintained there.
- Work with PLM for assigned product to make sure that they are the training specialist on their product and have prior knowledge of changes/developments in the product.
- Work with training coordinator to schedule training courses.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- BS degree in telecommunications, engineering or computer science discipline or equivalent plus 4 - 6 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Prefer 2+ years of this experience preferably in the telecommunications microwave industry with some time in a technical support or technical training role.
- 1+ years minimum experience in technical training delivery
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver technical presentations to a public forum
- Strong oral, written and electronic media communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated working knowledge of domestic and international microwave and IP equipment, standards and architectures
- Strong Ethernet and IP knowledge essential
- Working knowledge of radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design
- Understands the requirements for installing and maintaining wireless radio communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, and ancillary equipment
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of time (domestic US with some level of potential international) to deliver training courses. Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- knowledge of radio Element/Network management systems
- Desirable - Knowledge of Aviat Networks products
Apply NOW to learn more!