Emulation Applications Engineer (1617) Fremont, California
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Emulation Applications Engineer
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Sales / Applications Engineering
Mentor Graphics Corporation (MENT) is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software solutions that help engineers around the world design and manufacture new and highly innovative products. Each year, our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver smaller, faster and more reliable products that run the world’s high tech devices.
Work with customers as a world leader in electronic design automation solutions, providing services for the world's largest electronics and semiconductor companies. Continue to learn and support state of the art, Mentor Graphics emulation tools. This position will provide technical selling support to the Americas' sales team out of the Fremont office. As an Emulation Application Engineer, you will contribute to our success by assisting in the sales and deployment of Mentor Graphics emulation and verification products as well as by increasing customer satisfaction and productivity both on-site and remotely.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. Requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met.
• Promote technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities and requirements.
• Provide feedback and product ideas to our emulation product development teams.
• Troubleshoot and remove technical obstacles.
• Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates.
• Communicate customers' technical requirements to product marketing.
• Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with our customers.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
•BSEE or BSCS or equivalent; MSEE preferred.
•5 + years of experience in a design engineering role focusing on functional verification; including emulation and event based simulation, or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field.
•Chip/ASIC design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, RTL, behavioral coding and general ASIC debug.
•C programming desirable. SystemC and C++ used in conjunction with chip design and verification highly desired.
•Must have previous experience with industry emulation solutions, as well as simulation environments using Questa, NCSim, VCS, Verisity Specman or VERA.
•Knowledge of Transaction Level Modeling and methodologies would be beneficial.
•Previous experience with automation/scripting (Perl, sed, awk, tcl/tk, sh)
•Good communication skills and have the ability to provide training and demos to customers.
•Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required across North America (10%)
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes up to 32 days of vacation/holidays per year, 401k matching, Stock purchase plan, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance and much more.