Manager, Public Affairs (PCK593-8214) Lithia, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Manager, Public Affairs?
We are currently seeking a Manager, Public Affairs for our FishHawk, FL location. The Manager, Public Affairs – Mining and Reclamation, serves as a senior advisor and supports the Vice President – Public Affairs, Phosphates in leading and executing strategic public affairs activities of the Phosphates Business Unit. As the lead of the Public Affairs mining and reclamation issues and projects management function, the individual develops in-depth knowledge of Mosaic operations and serves as a key advisor to Permitting, EHS, Legal, and Operations leadership on issues of controversy and strategic phosphates business initiatives.
What will you do?
- Strategy– Work with business unit leaders, Legal and Permitting to develop and execute communication strategies and plans to support strategic business initiatives and projects as well as to address issues of controversy within the phosphates business. Work with other public affairs functions, develop and oversee execution and analysis of comprehensive strategic communications and engagement plans and budgets to support initiatives. Lead cross functional teams to manage issues affecting multiple functional groups within the business unit, which will include collaborating with and providing strategic public affairs counsel to leadership, developing multi-disciplinary public affairs and stakeholder engagement plans, and synchronizing communications, government affairs and community relations efforts in support of key business initiatives.
- External Communications– Serve as primary media spokesperson on complex/technical, and controversial mining and permitting issues, including crisis situations. Oversee the local community relations staff, provide input on strategic philanthropy, public hearing preparation and special events planning as well as lobby leaders and elected officials on key issues affecting the Phosphates Business Unit. On issues within the scope of the manager’s position, interact with members of the public on behalf of Legal, EHS and Operations. Prepare and deliver presentations to business, community and professional organizations. Oversee the development and execution of the Phosphates Business Unit’s social media strategy in support of key business initiatives. Develop strategic messaging for use by the company in regulatory, governmental affairs, and legal settings. Foster positive working relationships with local community leaders and elected officials through direct interaction and service on various boards.
- Internal Communication– Working with business unit leadership and public affairs staff, develop and edit internal communications to educate Mosaic employees on key permitting and business unit initiatives. Present to groups of employees on issues of a critical nature. In coordination with corporate public affairs, directs the Phosphates Business Unit’s social media strategy and crisis response and collaborates on new corporate, business unit and global public affairs initiatives.
- Community Relations– Work with the Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Relations teams in Hardee, DeSoto and Manatee counties to identify strategic community investments which help to create a favorable public environment for business initiatives. This includes advocating and leading the implementation of strategies and actions to enhance the company’s public reputation and foster a favorable environment for the business unit’s continued social and political license to operate.
- Writing– Write and edit internal and external communications on technical issues with a focus on building a greater understanding among non-technical audiences. Write press releases and internal communications in association with key initiatives the manager is leading.
- Staff Development– Develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business. Manage performance issues when necessary. Work with employees on their career development plans.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Political Science, or similar discipline.
- 8+ years of progressive communications experience, including leadership responsibility for public affairs/relations strategy and execution in a corporate, government or consulting firm environment.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at http://www.mosaicco.com/careers