AP Specialist – Vendor Inquiry (PCK593-9148) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Accounts Payable Specialist – Vendor Inquiry?
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist – Vendor Inquiry for our Plymouth, MN location. The Vendor Inquiry Specialist will maximize relationships with our suppliers by meeting vendor requirements and expectations from the receipt of invoice to settlement of payment. This person will serve as the nthe primary contact for vendors and be responsible for resolving invoice issues and vendor statement reconciliations.
What will you do?
- Quickly respond and resolve internal customer and external supplier inquiries via phone and/or email within the Accounts Payable service level agreement. Inquiries will include payment status, discrepancies in payments/invoices, PO set up errors, tax issues and more. Lead resolution plan with the operations and procurement when necessary.
- Identify issues the vendor is experiencing, determine the cause, and communicate and coordinate with business to ensure necessary action is taken to resolve them. Responsible for all documentation and determining when an inquiry is considered resolved.
- Reconcile vendor statements to our open liabilities. Respond to financial audit requests sent in by our suppliers that confirm the open invoices on account. Track and report on invoice issues monthly.
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Major in Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting.
- 2+ years of accounts payable or customer service experience OR an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or finance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), with emphasis on complex Excel spreadsheets.
- SAP knowledge/experience is required.
- Experience with Maximo preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization and external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers