Payroll Associate (PCK593-9091) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Payroll Associate?
We are currently seeking a Payroll Associate for our Plymouth, MN location. The Payroll Associate is responsible preparing, processing and distributing North American weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, and off cycle payroll and for responding to questions assigned to them through the HR inquiry management process.
What will you do?
- Review data used in the payroll process including time transaction, run payroll, audit payroll results, correct errors, and distribute the payroll for 6,000+ employees. Responsibilities include funding of payroll, distribution of court ordered deductions, withholding tax and reviewing interfaces to Mosaic applications or 3rd parties.
- Partner with HR field staff and HR specialists in the payroll preparation, audit and distribution process to ensure accurate pay.
- Process wage withholding orders for all North America including responding to the orders and entering into the payroll system.
- Liaison with our 3rd party payroll tax service to ensure accuracy of tax deposits and filing of returns.
- Research and answer questions assigned through the HR inquiry management process.
- Ensure payroll compliance to legal and regulatory requirements, internal policies, and SOX/internal controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred. Major in Business Administration or related field.
- 2+ years of experience running the entire US payroll cycle including garnishments and withholding tax administration.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing in the US.
- Experience with Canadian payroll processing a plus.
- CPP or FPC certification preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS, payroll, and time and attendance systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and work assignments.
- Strong desire to learn, and work independently.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive data.
- Ability to work and create effective partnerships with employees at levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers