IT PC LAN Tech (PCK593-9097) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an IT PC LAN Technician at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will serve as an on-site technician for support of client computing hardware, client computing software and local area network services. Responsibilities will include installation, configuration, testing, and problem resolution of related components. In addition, this person will document support processes, assist with end-user training, and participate on projects as needed. The focus of the role may periodically change due to a shift in the primary responsibilities listed below.
What will you be working on?
- Provide first level and second level client computing support for Intel-based software and hardware systems. Install, configure, and troubleshoot client hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Assist Network Engineers in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of wired and wireless LAN equipment including WAPS, Bridges, Switches, Call Manager, Cisco VOiP, and local server support. Person must understand how to troubleshoot Layer 2 and 3 networks to ensure client data and voice connectivity.
- Provide end-user training. Backup and restore user data as needed for system repairs and/or upgrades.
- Maintain PC, LAN and peripheral supplies inventory based on Mosaic IT guidelines.
- Document all issues via Service Now/MYServiceDesk trouble ticket system including detailed descriptions of open issues being escalated to IT groups as well as methods used to resolve issues (e.g. root cause analysis).
What is required for this role?
- High School degree or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred. Major in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of help desk experience supporting the MS-Windows environment or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience performing Intel PC break / fix repair
- 2+ years of assisting, designing or supporting Cisco wired /wireless/IPT networks preferred
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and concepts.
- Experience in plant production environments is desired.
- CNA Preferred.
- Microsoft and A+ preferred.
- Ability to upgrade hardware, image Windows 7, and install client software packages.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Medium to strong knowledge of networking concepts and associated technologies.
- Strong verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, highly professional and results-oriented.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for off-hours maintenance to critical systems as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to the other North American Mosaic sites on occasion.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers