Process Engineer III - Sulfur (PCK593-8882) Tampa, Florida
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Process Engineer III? We are currently seeking a Process Engineer III for our Tampa, Florida location. This position is responsible for developing the process scoping of liquid and dry sulfur handling systems as standalone units as well as addition to Mosaic’s sulfur enhanced MicroEssentials line of fertilizer. This position will work with process engineers, project engineers, operations management, and maintenance groups with emphasis on the safety systems and safe handling of liquid and dry sulfur. Knowledge of the applicable NFPA codes 654 and 655 with their application to our process will be utilized to ensure safe reliable operations of currently installed and to be installed systems.
What will you do?
- Provide technical assistance to develop scoping for sulfur handling projects within Mosaic’s operations.
- Work with Process Engineers, Operations and others to design and maintain the performance of the sulfur safety systems at Mosaic facilities.
- Collaborate with Operations, Suppliers, and other Process Engineers to insure best practices are deployed across facilities.
- Apply knowledge of processes & equipment to ensure safety and environmental objectives meet, or exceed, Mosaic’s standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees. Position
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering required.
- 5-7 years of work experience required.
- Technical and operational experience in dry and liquid Sulfur systems highly preferred.
- Experience in Phosphate fertilizer manufacturing highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Emphasis on Excel, PI, LIMS and Word skills. Applicable plant operations software also as needed.
- Effective leadership, influence and communication skills. Ability to coordinate large projects involving significant mindset and process changes. Must be able to multi-task & manage multiple site activities.
- Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination. Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program. We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at http://www.mosaicco.com/careers