Accountant Associate (PCK593-8091) Regina, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Accountant Associate at our Regina, SK location. The Accountant Associate will work as part of the Financial Reporting group to close the General Ledger on a monthly basis by performing transactional and analytical duties and providing support to the Potash Operations' site accounting teams. Additional responsibilities will include completing reconciliations and other reporting requirements in order to meet SOX control requirements, SEC reporting requirements and other confidential reporting requests as well as providing audit information for external and internal audit requirements.
What will you be working on?
- Complete transactional and analytical monthly close duties including journal entries. Complete reconciliations and other reporting requirements in order to meet SOX control requirements, SEC reporting requirements and other confidential reporting requests. Provide accounting support to site accounting teams.
- Provide analysis and support for sample testing for external and internal audit requirements.
- Miscellaneous job duties, information requests and special projects as assigned.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Commerce or similar discipline. Major in Accounting or Finance.
- Accounting designation (CMA, CA or CGA) or working toward a designation is preferred.
- 2+ years of general accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.