IT Analyst Sr – BI Information Data Modeler / ETL Developer (PCK593-7422) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next IT Analyst Sr – BI Information Data Modeler/ETL Developer?
We are currently seeking an IT Analyst Sr – BI Information Data Modeler/ETL Developer for our Plymouth, MN location. The IT Analyst Sr – BI – Information Data Modeler & ETL Developer will create, manage, and update the logical and physical models of the data warehouse, data marts, and staging areas. This position is also responsible for the creation of scripts required to extract, transform, clean, and move data along with the associated metadata.
What will you do?
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a robust, sustainable data warehouse architecture that supports information requirements and provides for expansion. Design conceptual and logical models as well as the physical data structures for the data warehouse, data marts and operational data stores. Evolve models to meet new and changing business information requirements and develops and maintains the process for capturing metadata. Work closely with the BI Decision Support Architect/Developer to ensure that the data models and their content support the information delivery requirements.
- Work with the BI Business Requirements/Data Analyst to identify and understand source data systems; develops and tests ETL processes; defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes. Adapt processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Major in Computer Science preferred.
- For those candidates with an associate’s degree, 5+ years of relevant Mosaic experience is required.
- 5+ years of IT experience in various positions responsible for delivering new solutions in a large enterprise.
- 5+ years of data modeling and ETL development experience.
- 3+ years of direct development experience with SAP source systems.
- Strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
- Strong understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products.
- Prior experience building data warehouses.
- SQL and OLAP experience.
- Metadata management.
- Experience with and knowledge of data modeling tools like Erwin, Embercado or SAP designer.
- Hands on experience with modeling SAP BW objects, including PSAs, DSOs, Info Cubes and Multi-providers.
- Experience with SAP HANA preferred.
- Experience with SAP Data Services and SAP LT replication server preferred.
- Proven in understanding and implementing software best practices, analyzing system requirements, designing and prototyping solutions, defining testing and support procedures, and implementing practical technical solutions under tight deadlines.
- Technical Certification(s) within BI Software Development Discipline is preferred.
- Certification in Software Development Lifecycle is preferred.
- Computer Skills: SAP BW, SAP ECC, ETL, SQL.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to engage on multiple assignments and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to balance theory and practical reality.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!