Treasury Analyst (PCK593-8077) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Treasury Analyst?
We are currently seeking a Treasury Analyst for our Plymouth, MN location. Under limited supervision or working independently, the Treasury Analyst is involved in all aspects of Mosaic’s treasury operations including domestic and international daily cash positioning (receipts, disbursements, credit facility borrowings, and short term investments), treasury systems, Intercompany activity (analysis, loans, and settlements), cash forecasting, and letters of credit. Performs daily and weekly review of company’s cash position by account. Initiates approved cash disbursements.
What will you do?
- Daily Cash Management– Compile, analyze, and report company and business unit cash positions to ensure all cash commitments can be met. Utilize sound business judgment and experience to minimize idle corporate balances. Make recommendations on borrowing and investment decisions. Analyze intercompany activity and make borrowing/repayment decisions when necessary. Within guidelines, initiate approved disbursement activity for all Mosaic and business unit accounts.
- Treasury Systems– Analyze, validate, and create treasury transactions into SAP. Responsible for daily updating of treasury systems including proprietary bank systems and Mosaic developed reporting and data warehousing tools in order to ensure that the company has timely and accurate information on its cash position.
- Other Treasury Operations Activities– Analyze derivative confirmations against trade advices. Analyze and recommend short term investment vehicles and creditworthy counterparties. Perform due diligence and ongoing counterparty analysis on short term investments. Research queries from external parties and business units. Review and prepare letter of credit applications. Maintain and distribute periodic treasury operations reports.
- Cash Management Structure– Analyze bank services and fees. Make recommendations on appropriate services by account and bank.
- Ad Hoc/Special Projects– Lead or assist in other projects as directed.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate or banking treasury operations structure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current cash settlement procedures both in the US and internationally, preferred.
- Experience working in a commodity business with a global footprint preferred.
- CTP (formerly CCM) preferred.
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially MS Office applications, treasury workstations, G/L systems, SAP, and bank platforms.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to collaboratively challenge the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and well as in a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires the review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate responses and actions.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!