HR Manager (PCK593-9127) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an HR Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. As a business partner and a member of the overall Human Resources Team, the Human Resources Manager will work with people leaders and employees to provide a culture that supports innovation and continuous improvement. This position will provide HR consultative and business focused services to the people leaders and employees in the Potash Business Unit at the Colonsay, SK location. Responsibilities will include labour relations, negotiations, talent management and development, compensation, benefits, coaching/guidance to people leaders and employees, employee engagement, employee relations, and day to day HR support. In addition, this person will deliver and provide change management support for corporate human resources initiatives to these client groups.
What will you be working on?
- Strategic HR Business Partnering: Provide strategic human resources leadership as a member of the Colonsay, SK leadership team. Work with leaders to develop and implement people and organization strategy to ensure business objectives are achieved as an extension of the broader Potash initiatives. Consult operations, human resources and people leaders on business issues and represent business needs when setting HR priorities. Provide proactive, innovative and customer-oriented HR solutions and business objectives. Forecast resource requirements and skill competencies to support strategic business objectives and implement plans to close gaps. This includes talent reviews, employee engagement, succession planning, leadership development, organizational structure, compensation structure and staffing plans.
- Labour and Employee Relations: Leverages broad labour and employee relations knowledge to optimize management/labor relationships and gain credibility and trust. Dialogue with union leadership, union management meetings, grievances, contract negotiations, arbitrations and job posting and job descriptions. Openly listen and respond to employee and manager questions, issues or concerns and recommend appropriate actions to address them.
- HR Programs: Responsible for executing enterprise wide and location HR initiatives and functions. Accountable to assist in developing, implementing and executing HR projects including a focus on change management, employee engagement, talent management, leadership development, career management, managerial effectiveness, and other people development projects. The HR Manager will work with other location’s HR team members and corporate HR to ensure a consistent delivery of the HR strategy.
- Talent Management: Work closely with recruiting specialists and hiring managers to support hiring requests. This includes talent reviews, succession planning, leadership development, organizational structure, and staffing plans. Manages selection and onboarding processes as well as deployment throughout the organization. Forecast resource requirements and skill competencies to support strategic business objectives and implement plans to close gaps.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 7+ years of human resources generalist, employee relations, or labor relations experience, which includes managerial experience.
- Working knowledge of Canadian and provincial labour laws is required.
- 2+ years labour relations/collective bargaining experience is preferred.
- CHRP preferred.
- Experience in mining, mineral processing and other natural resources industries is preferred.
- Prior aboriginal and diversity sourcing experience is preferred.
- Proven business partnering, strategic planning and consultative skills with strong business acumen.
- Proven versatility and problem identification and resolution skills in interacting with senior leaders and professionals.
- Understanding of change management principles and practical change management experience.
- Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with People Fluent and Workday preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills, including excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, coaching and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills are required.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization and with outside constituents.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated project management, consultative, and process management skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers