Risk Advisory & Assurance Lead (PCK593-8890) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Risk Advisory & Assurance Lead?
We are currently seeking a Risk Advisory & Assurance Lead for our Plymouth, MN location. The Risk Advisory & Assurance Lead will be responsible for conducting audit and consulting engagements in compliance with standards, policies, and procedures based on a service plan established from an enterprise-wide risk assessment and in alignment with Company strategy. This position will gather data, perform analysis, develop findings and conclusions, recommend improvements for the identification, evaluation, and management of risks throughout the company (domestic and international) and communicate with all levels of management. Staff will operate in a variety of areas including Corporate Governance/Human Capital, Information Technology, Operations, and Finance.
What will you do?
- Conduct complex audit and consulting engagements including gathering relevant data, compiling and analyzing information, reviewing records for accuracy and conformance to standards, evaluating management's identification and management of risk, developing findings, conclusions, and recommendations, and, communicating with management. Additional responsibilities may be delegated to the lead auditor such as establishing audit and project programs to ensure they are appropriate for achieving engagement objectives, engagement planning, reporting, etc.
- Partner with business and functional leaders to advise on risk identification, evaluation, and management, and process or system development and improvement initiatives.
- Lead, develop and coach the Risk Assurance & Advisory Analyst in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure adequate understanding of their role and the business. Manage performance issues when necessary. Work with employees on their career development plans.
- Develop and grow knowledge and understanding of all business functions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of risk and business solutions and conduct special investigations or other projects as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred. Major in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of applicable experience. Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP requirements.
- Knowledge of FASB and Sarbanes Oxley Act section 404 requirements preferred.
- Project management experience or experience supervising audits/engagements preferred.
- Relevant industry experience preferred.
- CIA, CPA, CISA, PMP, or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project and SharePoint).
- Some working experience with ERP systems and audit tools a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills, including strong presentation skills to various levels of management and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization to gain trust and cooperation.
- Candidate must demonstrate effective people management and project leadership skills.
- Ability to create and effectively scope project plans or audit program guides with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to think creatively with an ability to create innovative solutions.
- Willingness to collaboratively challenge the business.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.
- Language skill in addition to English (Portuguese or Spanish preferred) are desirable.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers