Executive Administrative Assistant - New York, NY (000207) New York, New York
Hudson is a global talent solutions company with expertise in leadership and specialized recruitment, contracting solutions, recruitment process outsourcing, talent management, outplacement and eDiscovery. We help our clients and candidates succeed by leveraging our expertise, deep industry and market knowledge, and proprietary assessment tools and techniques. With more than 2,000 people in 20 countries, and relationships with millions of specialized professionals, we bring an unparalleled ability to match talent with opportunities by assessing, recruiting, developing and engaging the best and brightest people for our clients. We combine broad geographic presence, world-class talent solutions and a tailored, consultative approach to help businesses and professionals achieve higher performance and outstanding results. More information is available at Hudson.com.
The Executive Assistant will provide high level administrative support to one or more company executives. This role is designed to enhance the executive’s effectiveness by handling a wide variety of administrative functions which increase their time available for senior level responsibilities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, professionalism and confidentiality while handling a wide variety of complex situations involving the clerical and administrative function on behalf of the executive.
- Maintain executive’s calendar (potentially in multiple time zones) and schedule appointments in order to allow time for meeting preparation and calls. Proactively engage executive and meeting participants to ensure effective calendar management. Attend meetings and document minutes/action items upon request.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, ensuring all arrangements are finalized prior to travel date. Ensure executive has appropriate travel plans prior to departure and compile business documents for travel-related meetings.
- Welcome colleagues, clients, etc. by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries. Screen incoming calls with a high degree of professionalism and differentiate business calls from vendor solicitations. Respond and route requests for information using a service oriented approach.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including executive leadership. Interpret and understand requests, analyze information, and effectively engage executive or another appropriate staff member in his/her absence to provide timely and effective response/resolution.
- Review electronic and regular mail and sort into categories as defined by executive in order to ensure proper prioritization and effective response management.
- Summarize content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; note important parts or areas of potential conflict.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all company, personnel and research matters.
- Compose general correspondence independently, with accurate content and format. Prepare memos, reports, agendas, notices and other documentation as needed.
- Support executive with preparation of complex presentations, with substantial use of graphics, charts, tables and other advanced features of graphics software.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient filing system designed for logical retrieval of information by executive and Executive Assistant.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to interface professionally with all levels of the company.
- Possess advanced proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook as well as Adobe Publisher
- Familiarity with online conference tools and ability to arrange webcasts for executive meetings
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to use judgment to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations
- Exceptional organizational skill required
- Must be detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to meet designated deadlines
- Ability to work at required company office location consistently with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Available for occasional business travel, upon request
- Ability to demonstrate company core values
· Hudson offers a very competitive compensation and benefits program