Senior Accountant - Pittsburgh, PA (000185) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hudson is a global organization and market leader in the delivery of a range of recruitment and talent management services and solutions to clients from all sectors. Hudson provides these services and solutions through over 3,000 staff across three regions; the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. As a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ, Hudson is focused on the creation of value and growth.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, and we service their needs in the US as well as internationally. Our proven methodologies and our state-of-the art technology provide our clients with cost-effective and efficient solutions. For more information about our business, please visit www.hudson.com. As an employee of Hudson, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, vacation and paid time off.
The Senior Accountant position reports directly to the Controller. This position works independently to perform assignments of an advanced nature which regularly include advanced analyses of important financial data for the various Hudson business units. Key responsibilities include coordination of the month-end close process, monthly account reconciliation and analysis, review of staff journal entries and reconciliations, preparation of monthly management reports, assisting with various ad hoc reports, and interacting with several other functional areas within the company. Qualified candidates will be proven self-starters with strong attention to detail.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Partner with business units to ensure all appropriate information is considered in strategic financial decision making
- Assist in the planning, forecasting, and budgeting for business units
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing business unit financial statements, balance sheets, and P&L statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Mentor Staff Accountants and other projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- 2-5+ years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
- Experience in the Professional Services industry preferred
- Some supervisory experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction
- International or multi/currency experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Peoplesoft version 8.0 and hyperion a plus.
- System query reporting abilities a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results