Senior Manager, Communications - New York, NY (000199) New York, New York
Senior Manager, Communications
About Hudson: Hudson is a global talent solutions company with expertise in leadership and specialized recruitment, contracting solutions, recruitment process outsourcing, talent management, outplacement and eDiscovery. We help our clients and candidates succeed by leveraging our expertise, deep industry and market knowledge, and proprietary assessment tools and techniques. With more than 2,000 people in 20 countries, and relationships with millions of specialized professionals, we bring an unparalleled ability to match talent with opportunities by assessing, recruiting, developing and engaging the best and brightest people for our clients. We combine broad geographic presence, world-class talent solutions and a tailored, consultative approach to help businesses and professionals achieve higher performance and outstanding results. More information is available at Hudson.com.
Role: We are seeking an experienced communication professional who can work closely with the global leadership team to plan, build and manage a strategic internal communication process that promotes Hudson’s global business strategy, culture and transformation. The Senior Manager of Communication will be expected to partner with other members of the Marketing organization, human resources and representatives of other parts of the company to create communication that facilitates organizational effectiveness and engagement to help the company achieve its performance goals. This individual will be expected to work with a wide range of people, provide guidance and assistance to local market internal and external communications initiatives, and support key company programs through effective communication. He/she will partner, in particular, with our Intranet, digital and social media teams, and with our Investor Relations group. The position is based in Chicago or New York and reports to the Chief Knowledge Officer, who also is responsible for Transformation, Marketing and IT.
- Oversee the development and execution of a global information delivery plan that supports and promotes the “One Hudson” vision and the associated change initiatives. Work closely with key leaders and other internal clients to define project requirements, objectives and scope, and to map and implement the plan. Determine communications components, schedules, vehicles and communicators for each component.
- Plan and deliver senior leadership messages and communications vehicles in accordance with Hudson’s business objectives and company values.
- Partner with HR on critical global projects and communication related to the employee experience; promote and build employee engagement. Assist in evaluating communication action items and opportunities that surface through the annual Employee Engagement Survey and other employee
- Assess, recommend and execute on the development of processes and channels for more effective and consistent internal communication to meet the information needs and expectations of leaders and employees.
- Build and maintain a network of internal communication contacts (senior management, HR, Marketing, Legal, IT) to align strategy, plans and messaging. Work cross-functionally and globally.
- Develop communication that helps to engage Hudson employees in understanding and living the Hudson brand. Ensure consistent brand messaging, visuals and execution across all communication channels.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Hudson’s global intranet strategy to maximize use of our employee portal as a communication and productivity tool.
- Manage news on Hudson’s intranet and other communication channels, working with internal subject matter experts to develop, update and organize content. Ensure the timely posting and dissemination of company information.
- Support content development and strategic follow-up to the annual global, business ”Road Show” that is conducted by the CEO and members of the global leadership team.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams responsible for social media and regional and local internal and external communication initiatives to ensure consistency and maximize potential.
- Engage with the team responsible for quarterly financial communication to optimize messaging and quality of delivery.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking. A proven ability to develop broad communication plans.
- Highly detail-oriented and execution-focused, able to deliver high-quality communication programs and written material.
- Excellent written, verbal and multi-media communication skills. Ability to frame complex issues in simple, clear and persuasive language.
- Experienced in strategic communication planning and change management communication.
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently. Ability to work across organizational and geographic boundaries and in a matrixed organization.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Deadline-oriented with demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with computer software, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Web applications. Microsoft Sharepoint intranet collaboration platform experience is preferred. Familiarity with html/design programs such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- Minimum BA or BS degree in marketing, communication, journalism or related field; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in employee communication, or related field.