Manager of Recruiting - New York, NY (000239) New York, New York
Manager of Recruiting – Legal/eDiscovery Staffing and Solutions
Hudson is a global organization and market leader in the delivery of a range of recruitment and talent management services and solutions to clients from all sectors. Hudson provides these services and solutions through over 3,000 staff across three regions; the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. As a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ, Hudson is focused on the creation of value and growth.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, and we service their needs in the US as well as internationally. Our proven methodologies and our state-of-the art technology provide our clients with cost-effective and efficient solutions. For more information about our business, please visit www.hudson.com. As an employee of Hudson, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, vacation and paid time off.
This position, reporting to the VP of Administration and Recruitment, is accountable for recruitment of Legal/eDiscovery professionals within specific market(s), managing recruitment staff and overseeing overall operations. Primary areas of accountability include individual recruitment production, management of assigned recruiters, oversight for eDiscovery project staffing, and activities which ensure efficient, effective and profitable branch operations in an environment that fosters a continuous improvement approach.
- This is a hybrid recruiting and managerial role, with an emphasis on both recruiting Legal professionals within the NYC market for temporary positions as well as mentoring and motivating an existing team of recruiters.
- Develop and motivate staff through formal and informal coaching, sets objectives, coaches/mentors, assesses performance and addresses skill development. Effectively respond to and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure individual and team objectives and compliance to policies and procedures are achieved;
- Lead the team through process change initiatives and provide solutions to complex problems designed to support business goals.
- Foster team enthusiasm and actively participate in building a positive work environment.
- Source active and passive candidates through creative and resourceful recruiting strategies.
- Maintain relationships with candidate pipeline including but not limited to passive candidates, previous consultants and placed consultants.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social networking sites and current and former employees.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in recruiting/recruiting management. Experience within Legal staffing in the area of document review preferred.
Other qualification criteria include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Juris Doctor a plus
- Proven experience in a mentoring or leadership role.
- Critical decision-making skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business and industry processes, needs and players.
- Proficient in Applicant Tracking Systems and CRM software (such as PeopleSoft or Salesforce.com), and Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus/skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed