Executive Vice President, Finance (New York, NY) (000224) New York, New York
Position Title: Executive Vice President, Finance
Reports To: CEO, Americas
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Category: D
Position Summary: Responsible for the direction and leadership of the Finance for the Hudson Americas region. Primary responsibilities include leadership for the region's Finance team and management of the region's budgeting, financial reporting, investment analysis, operational metrics, commercial pricing and compliance efforts. Accountable to achieve regional Finance goals in a high quality, timely, cost effective manner, leveraging a shared services organization model with a continuous improvement approach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leadership - Provide leadership for implementation and management of objectives, plans and strategies designed to achieve Finance goals for the Americas Region. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, work collaboratively with the Americas CEO and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to develop business strategies and plans; drive focused accountability and delivery of the established plans.
- Budget Management - Manage and maintain regional Finance budgets, forecasts and plans in compliance with Company requirements for cost effective strategies, using a shared services model and low cost environments for transactional work.
- Talent Management - Hire, develop and train regional Finance staff. Provide employees guidance regarding methodologies, techniques and specific role-based skills. Conduct coaching and problem resolution in order to develop and maintain a highly effective team and to foster employee engagement.
- Performance Management - Lead performance management effort for the regional Finance team. Ensure that performance is measured and evaluated using a coaching approach that encourages professional growth and development in support of Company's business objectives.
- Financial Analysis and Forecasting - Analyze and interpret the region's operating results, financial trends, and forecasts as measured by key performance indicators. Ensure forecasting is rigorous and timely. Assess financial performance against both the plan and the region's business strategy.
- Financial Performance - Monitor financial and operational performance targets; provide insight and trending information to support decision making designed to enhance financial performance.
- Financial Reporting - Partner with Global Corporate Finance (GCF) and other regional finance executives to ensure highly accurate and insightful financial reporting using a robust financial tracking and measurement process (ie dashboard). Develop additional tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the regional leadership team.
- Commercial Terms - Create pricing models and proformas in order to evaluate commercial terms for clients and strategic partnerships. Provide training regarding pricing methodology and approach to regional leadership and sales staff. Collaborate with Global Corporate Finance as required.
- Real Estate - In partnership with GCF, oversee real estate portfolio that optimizes the company's investment in office and project space.
- Compliance Requirements - Ensure adherence to: a) internal control structures to protect and manage assets of the company; b) identification and adoption of financial leading practices across the business; c) adherence of all company and regional policies and procedures.
- Project Management - Coordinate and drive approved regional financial projects and contribute to project delivery within agreed time and parameters.
- Collaboration - Partner with GCF resources and ELT to insure alignment and effective working relationships. Foster Finance shared service awareness across practices/departments and collaborate to optimize adherence to Finance protocols.
- Change Management - Lead the regional Finance team through change initiatives in a way that fosters and positively impacts the Company's continuous improvement approach.
- Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership by providing insights that are driven by leading practices in Finance shared services.
- Special Projects - Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requires:
Education: Bachelor's degree in a Financial discipline required.
Experience: Minimum 10 years Finance experience required. 5+ years' experience in a leadership capacity required. Experience within a public company with shared services preferred. Contract staffing industry experience also preferred.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principals
- Experience with profitability analysis around lines of business (current and potential), investment decisions, and potential efficiency improvement
- Prior experience overseeing pricing policies that maximize growth and profitability in a services business
- Knowledge of financial systems and reporting techniques as well as operational measurement and control through scorecards, dashboards, etc.
- Practical knowledge of US federal and state financial and tax regulations
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Experience with capacity planning and resource management, particularly in a people-intensive B2B services business
- Ability to think strategically
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues regionally and globally
- Problem analysis/resolution capability
- Excellent business management and organizational skills
- High level of technical skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to Hudson's core values - integrity, respect, collaboration, empowerment and responsibility
- Knowledge of contract recruitment industry
- Real estate portfolio management skills