Quality Assurance (QA) Intern (JO-1402-179) Watertown, Massachusetts
Harvard Business Publishing's summer internship program provides students who have a passion for learning with real world business experience through meaningful work; a general understanding of the publishing business; and functional knowledge and skills through ownership of projects. The ten-week program runs June 2, 2014 through August 8, 2014. Students work full-time and receive a stipend at the end of the program. Havard Business Publishing is a wholly-owned, not-for-proft subsidiary of Harvard University. We are media company with the mission to create products and services that educate a business audience about best management practices and leadership development. We publish books, magazines, blogs, and cases; sponsor webinars; and develop e-learning programs, simulations, podcasts, apps and learning solutions. Our authors are the leading thinkers and visionaries on the art, science, and practice of management. We are a equal opportunity employer.
The Quality Assurance Intern will be responsible for executing manual and automated testing on a number of web-based projects under the guidance of QA team members. They will be trained in the company’s software development and QA processes and get a chance to learn more about the different types of testing like functionality testing, performance testing, and load testing.
• Assist in documenting and updating QA practices and other technology documents
• Verify functionality after issues are found and fixed
• Execute automation test scripts via record and playback functionality
• Reproducing customer-reported issues
• Interfacing closely with engineers and project managers
• An understanding of web-delivered applications
• Familiarity with multiple web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
• Desire to learn, share ideas openly, and take direction from others