Release Engineer (BBBH498) Lakewood, Colorado
The Release Engineer is responsible for the successful compilation, assembly, and delivery of source code into finished products and/or other software components within the enterprise, production environment. The Release Engineer identifies all source, tools and environmental components that comprise a given release. The Release Engineer integrates source, third-party components, data, and deployment externals in order to guarantee operational stability. Ultimately, the Release Engineer is a key individual contributor in providing a stable framework for development, deployment, audit, and accountability for enterprise software components.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Designs, builds, and develops a ‘build and release’ management system.
- Investigates tools that would lead to more efficiency in the process and strives for as much automation as is feasible.
- Develops and maintains system documentation.
- Promotes and migrates code through all test and production environments while maintaining consistency within applications and configurations.
- Performs as a technical liaison for Development and Operations on every aspect associated with final builds and control baseline issues.
- Prepares, evaluates and maintains tools supporting the process automation for software and/or hardware product release.
- Works with project teams to identify build schedules and initiates packaging and build processes.
- Designs and enforces policies for managing source code within a Source Code Control System, including branching, merging and tagging policies to support parallel development.
- Designs, manages, and executes tools and scripts to develop different versions of products on wide-ranging operating systems.
- Corrects build errors working cooperatively with Development staff.
- Supports the integration of new technologies into the enterprise environment.
- Responds consistently and aggressively to test and build issues.
- Interacts with Development and Quality Assurance to debug and resolve identified issues.
- Monitors and administers the automated build process and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and actively facilitates the resolution of build failures.
- Interprets quality assurance issues and problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participates in off-hours software releases including weeknights and weekend sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent amount if experience and/or training.
- At least four years of experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated ‘build and release’ environment.
- Experience with IIS settings and configurations.
- Experience developing, documenting and implementing quality assurance standards.
- Experience writing test cases based on user requirements.
- Experience in maintaining, and working within, a Windows environment.
- Experience working with builds developed in .Net technology.
- Experience in designing a software release process to satisfy internal audit compliance.
- Experience in coordinating releases from development through production implementation.
- Familiarity with MSSQL.
- Experience using SQL in database validations.
- Familiarity with agile methodology.
- Automation experience and open source expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and members of the development staff with little or no guidance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills combine with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Detail-oriented, organized and thorough.
- Demonstrated respect for the role and necessity of quality control.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.