Applications Support Engineer (BBBH499) Littleton, Colorado
The Application Support Engineer’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software for customers. Creating workaround procedures and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The Application Support Engineer is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- 1-2 years of direct SQL Server development experience
- Strong customer-focus, as well as the desire and ability to work directly with customers
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Basic knowledge of C#
- Ability to create reports (data mine) using C#
- Basic knowledge of system security
- Good knowledge of Windows
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.