SharePoint Architect - Full-time (BBBH552) Lakewood, Colorado
SharePoint Architect Job Description:
The SharePoint Architect will play a central role in the complete solution lifecycle including: designing solutions and envisioning follow up work. The implementation role may include software architecture, development, customization, integration as well as technical project management for various teams.
The ideal candidate will provide thought leadership on best practices for architectural design, understand the Microsoft SharePoint solution stack, and have a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration involving Business Process and Forms, Business Intelligence, Collaboration, CRM, Enterprise Content Management, and Portals. This person will lead architecture and design reviews for SharePoint projects that focus on planning, deploying, and targeting new or significant modifications of existing enterprise SharePoint implementations. Must provide individual or project support for complex projects or applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments; and analyze and provide quality technical solutions that exceed client expectations. This role requires a proven technical skill set that has been demonstrated in the development of enterprise Line of Business applications and their integration into heterogeneous enterprise systems.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years experience with business information systems integration or custom business application design and development in a professional technology consulting, corporate MIS or software development environment.
- Deep expertise in 3 or more of the following: Programming with .NET Framework: Complete from back end to Windows or Web Forms front end Enterprise integration technologies (Microsoft BizTalk, MSMQ, Web Services, Remoting)Microsoft Enterprise Content Management and Collaboration technologies (SharePoint Portal Server / Windows SharePoint Services, Content Management Server, Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office Live Communications Server, Microsoft Groove Server 2007)
- Microsoft SQL Server Database, Analysis, Integration and Reporting Services ASP .NET and client web development (XML, XSL, ASP .NET, AJAX, HTML, Java Script)
- Proven knowledge and experience with: Agile methodologies Enterprise integration and software development patterns
- Configure and maintain document libraries, lists, and site collections and deploy SharePoint at the enterprise level in a distributed global environment.
- Define Best Practices for typical administrative activities such as backup, restore, site creation, and user issue resolution.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business requirements.
- Participate in the gathering and documenting of requirements from non-technical business users.
- Create functional design documents, translate the business requirements into system requirements, create a prototype of recommended solutions, demo to the users, and implement the solution.
- Communicate Conceptual and Detail Designs to Client and Development Teams and lead Development / Deployment projects.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers, having a high degree of contact with other employees, clients and prospects;
- Understand and implement QA procedures (Code review, Estimating, Peer review, Impact Analysis, Root cause analysis, etc.).
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects.
- Must be able to deliver as a development lead for business application development projects.
- Contribute to development team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting feedback, positive and negative, and be driven by both time constraints and a personal commitment to quality.