Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Specialist (BBBH494) Englewood, Colorado
General Job Duties:
- Assist with the definition and adherence to data governance and policies, and the establishment of consistent data definitions.
- Under guidance, work as a member of project team to manage data migrations provided from different sources in a variety of formats.
- Analyze business data for integrity and completeness and prepare information to be uploaded into MS-CRM.
- Modify data to be formatted correctly and to follow naming and other data conventions.
- Troubleshoot data issues prior to data migration and provide input in the process enhancements and /or technical solutions in the data migration process.
- Analyze business data, identify causes of problems and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Job Duties:
This position will be responsible for leading or assisting in all phases of data governance and data migrations of CRM related data. This role will work with colleagues from newly acquired companies to better understand their legacy CRM system and data to determine and execute a data migration approach. The role will be responsible to work with IHS colleagues to assure the data is cleansed, received, manipulated, and tested/reviewed prior to migration to assure accuracy.
Help define and execute process to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality for assigned data entities.
- Help ensure that data management methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to consistently achieve high data quality.
- Work closely with business data owners and users to identify quality metrics and thresholds. Own and publish reports related to quality metrics along with root cause analysis and mitigation options to the end user community.
- Ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Help identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues,
- Collaborate with business users, project managers and project sponsors to determine project requirements and scope.
- Work with business colleagues to help drive data cleanup efforts in legacy systems, prior to data migration.
- Prepare data to be migrated to MS-CRM using MS Access and Excel as data management tools and deliver data to Web Services Lead to upload into MS-CRM.
- Extract, map and prep the data for loading into a Test system and get business approval before migrating the data into the MS-CRM production instance.
- The ability to understand MS CRM and quickly learn about our implementation in order to be able to ask the right questions of the colleagues at the targeted migration source company.
- Remove duplicate accounts and contacts prior to migration.
- 7-10 years experience as a data quality analyst or data analyst focused on data governance, data conversions, improving data processes and information quality.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Working administrative and functional knowledge of Enterprise CRM systems with a preference for experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- MS SQL knowledge is beneficial.
- Strong data analysis skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to effectively manage many assignments at one time
- Strong communication skills both written and oral are beneficial as the position requires communication globally. The ability to communicate, negotiate, and reach consensus on data is very important.
- This person will need solid time management and organization skills.