Clinical Sales Specialist 3-Field Southeast (9628) Raleigh, North Carolina
Manages clinical sales activities in support of relevant Affymetrix products including CytoScan HD, OncoScan, and DMET in the defined territory. Dives the technical portion of the sales process, develops clincial sales strategies, and actively contributes to the successful closding of business. Primary sales targets are cytogenetics and molecular genetics laboratories and researchers which can reside in academia, reference labs, hospitals and industrial settings. Assists in training and sales support for account managers, delivers technical presentations on relevant Affymetrix products to potential and current customers, and participates in cultivation and development of regional key opinon leaders (KOLs). Encourages collaboration with KOLs to strengthen Affymetrix’ relationships and influence in the cytogenetic and molecular genetics communities. Sells directly where appropriate, but always in coordination with local account management. Responsible for contributing to budget process, sales forecasts, and regional business plans.
- Drives the growth of clinical portfolio and market share by supporting the capture of new accounts/business in conjunction with regional account managers.
- Supports regional account manager’s sales activities to maintain and grow cytogenetics business at current accounts.
- Creates and maintains relationships with regional opinion leaders to promote penetration, retention and loyalty for Affymetrix’ cytogenetic product portfolio.
- Assissts in identifying and mitigating competitive barriers to increasing sales.
- Responsible for achieving regional plan for clinical portfolio in conjunction with regional account managers.
- Responsible for providing market intelligence including competitive landscape and market conditions that may influence the community.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Respons to internal and external inquiries
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business need
Bachelor’s in Life Science or Genetics
Advanced degree in Life Science or Genetics
Yrs of related experience:
5-8 years technical sales experience selling genetic technology, preferably in clinical markets.
8-10 years professional/technical sales in clinical markets: reference lab, hospital, or physician sales.
Competencies: (skills, knowledge, abilities)
Results oriented, self starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, closing.
Background in cytogenetics and/or microarray analysis. Results oriented, self starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, closing.
As specific territory requires
As specific territory requires
Inter relationships and dependencies
Reports to North America Clinical Sales Manager. Assists sales account managers; Coordinates FAS support to sales in region. Works with regional global marketing; sales operations, the FAS and FSE teams and BU marketing.