Senior Microsoft Exchange Administrator (3038) Irving, Texas
Buchanan Technologies is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange Administrator to support a client in Irving, TX on-site. The Senior Microsoft Exchange Administrator is responsible for keeping the messaging infrastructure including Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory at peak performance and highly available.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Responsible for infrastructure applications:
Blackberry Enterprise Server
Messaging Anti Virus & SPAM solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Maintains and supports the Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 environment and all related messaging components.
Recommend and perform any needed maintenance, upgrades and installations to ensure the most optimal messaging environment.
Work with and advise teams that maintain the Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure including the Windows 2008 R2 servers, DHCP and DNS supporting it. Recommend and perform any needed maintenance, upgrades and installations to ensure the most optimal environment.
Work with and advise members of Network team on integration of applications to messaging and Active Directory environment.
Develop and upkeep of documentation for all responsible environments. Perform official change control as necessary for each project
Assists help desk on escalated tickets pertaining to servers, network, printers, exchange, as well as other issues that may arise.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Working knowledge of one or more virtualization technologies (such as VMware)
A minimum of three years' experience with Windows Server platforms.
A minimum of five years' experience administering Microsoft Exchange.
Experience with Microsoft Office Communicator & Lync including use of the voice, desktop sharing and federation services.
Experience with Active Directory, GPOs, DNS
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems including Windows 2008(R2) and Windows Server 2003.
- Strong technical knowledge of messaging protocols and operations.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, performance monitoring and development.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- On-call availability.
- Travel requirement Infrequent.
� MS Exchange 2007 and 2010
� Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
� At least one Microsoft Certification in Windows and/or Exchange Server. MCSE or MCITP(desired)
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The hours for this position will be 8:00 AM -5:00 PM (with an hour lunch). Some weekends or holidays may be required. Position requires being accessible via company issued mobile device.