Sr Windows System Administrator (3056) Wakefield, Massachusetts
Buchanan Technologies is seeking a Sr. Windows System administrator for a client inWakefield, MA.This will be an initial 3 month contract with possibility of contract-to-hire.
Skills: Administer, Design and Architect Windows server environments using industry best practice solutions that meet the need of the business.
This individual will deploy, maintain, monitor and support all Windows infrastructure-related activities of the organization. The Windows System Administrator must have experience building and configuring systems (hardware, software, file systems), work closely with other departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions in a project oriented environment. Manage a shared ticket queue of daily system requests.
Primary technologies include: All Microsoft Server Operating Systems - Server 2003 / Server 2008, Microsoft Active Directory, SQL, Citrix, VMWare ESXi and Microsoft Clustering, Strong IIS6 / IIS7, VMWare, DNS.
- Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all Windows servers, hardware, software and peripherals.
-Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all Citrix systems.
- Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all VMWare systems.
- Benchmark, analyze and report on the Windows and VMWare infrastructure and systems.
-Keep current with the latest technologies; willing to accept future training and certification.
- Practice asset management for Windows hardware, software and equipment and ensure that asset management policies are adhered to by the team.
- Act as member of a ticket queue system to address and resolve day to day support requests from the business.
- Expert knowledge of All Microsoft operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of Citrix, VMWare ESX / ESXi and Virtual Center.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network principals, protocols and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, performance monitoring and development.
- Familiar with applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project managements principles.
- Excellent interpersonal , written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 6+ years of system administration experience on MS Windows platforms.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with Citrix.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi.
- MCSE 2003 or MCITP strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of MS Windows architecture and system level resources.
- Experienced with hardware and peripheral installation, maintenance.
- Experience in automation and scripting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of IP networks and principals.
- Experience working in large datacenter environments.
- On-call availability.
- Travel requirement - Infrequent