Technical Program Manager (3002) Toledo, Ohio
Through proprietary global panels and research products and services, Lightspeed Research delivers valuable data to help businesses make informed decisions. We have significantly grown since we were incorporated in May 2000. Our progress presents new and exciting opportunities – requiring creativity, new technologies, thought leadership, and operational excellence.
Lightspeed Research is part of the Kantar Group, one of the world’s largest research, insight and consultancy networks and the research arm of WPP — the world leader in communications services. We have offices around the globe offering a wide range of career opportunities.
We are recruiting for a talented Technical Program Manager with a strong Agile background to work with a dynamic development and product management team. Our team is leading the transformation of the company’s business in technology, and this position offers a key opportunity to give input and vision into our next generation technology.Do you have passion for delivering high-quality, high-functioning services and driving Sprints? Are you enthusiastic about tackling the complex problems of scale? Our development team produces technology that is rock-solid in a fast paced environment, and our ideal candidate is motivated by the prospect of having a significant, measurable impact.
* Define, schedule and manage software development initiatives within assigned program ensuring delivery is on time and to spec.
* Partner with Product Management to define/refine business requirements, identify risks and dependencies and advise on resource capacity/scheduling.
* Author Functional Specifications and manage handoff to Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
* Plan and sequence Agile sprints, define sprint task items, manage backlog.
* Lead Engineering teams in day-to-day project execution, resolving issues, managing risk, and tracking and communicating status.
* 3+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager within a software development organization
* Experience with Agile software development methodology (Scrum Process)
* Advanced technical, leadership and business management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with Mobile and Social Media development projects
* Experience with Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL
* Experience with PHP and object-oriented design